Come with your family for a moment of respite in one of the most beautiful hides in France. Our animators accompany you in this moment of discovery and answer your questions during french guided tours. During this getaway, you'll enjoy the flight of the Black-tailed Godwit, the Lapwing's cry and the Peregrine's chase...
What to do when visiting
Firstly, you must go to the Pôle des Espaces Naturels located in the village of Saint-Denis-du-Payré (near the church), where you can buy tickets for the reserve, and where you can watch Philippe Garguil's film "The 4 seasons of the nature reserve" (18 minutes).
Then you'll need to drive to get to the reserve, which is 3 miles away. You'll take a pathway on stilts (440 yards) to get to the hide, at any time of year, with no need for any specific equipment.
Opening Times 2021
| Opening times 2021
| FEBRUARY||French guided tours :
- on the 5th, 12th and on the 19th
- from the 22th to the 26th
| MARCH||French guided tours :
- from the 1st to the 5th
- on the 12th, 19th and on the 26th
| APRIL||French guided tours :
- on the 2nd and on the 9th
- from the 12th to the 30th from Monday to Friday
| MAY||French guided tours :
- on the 2nd
- from the 3rd to the 7th
- on the 14th, 21st and on the 28th
- on the 23th
| JUNE||French guided tours :
- on the 1st and 4th
- on the 8th and 11th
- on the 15th and 18th
- on the 22th and 25th
- on the 29th
| JULY||French guided tours from Monday to Friday.
| AUGUST||French guided tours from Monday to Friday.
| SEPTEMBER (Depending on water levels fluctuations. Please call us). ||French guided tours :
- on the 3rd
- on the 7th and 10th
- on the 15th and 17th
- on the 19th
- on the 22th and 24th
- on the 28th
| OCTOBER (Depending on water levels fluctuations. Please call us). ||French guided tours :
- on the 1st, 8th and on the 15th
- on the 3rd
- from the 18th to the 29th from Monday to Friday.
| NOVEMBER ||Closed
| DECEMBER ||Closed
| Prices 2021
| Adult||6 €
| Children (7-17 years), student, job seeker, disabled||4,50 €
| Less than 7-year-old child||Free
| Family ticket (2 adults and 3 children)||21 €
| Adult Annual pass (valid one year from the purchase, only during opening periods)||30 €
| Reduced Annual pass (valid one year from the purchase, only during opening periods)||22.50 €
- Access to the reserve is limited to the opening periods and hours
- French guided tours
- The nature reserve is accessible to people with reduced mobility
- The best times of the day to visit are in the morning or in late afternoon, due to lighting conditions
- Dogs are not allowed in the nature reserve
- 18 telescopes are available for the public to use in the hide.